Save money on your electricity bills and become more energy efficient in the process by taking a look at our top tips. Making a big difference doesn't require a big change in habits, just a few small changes here and there can go a long way as well.
Our top tips for saving energy
1: Get energy-saving light bulbs
In our professional opinion, energy-saving light bulbs are well worth the money. Compared to traditional light bulbs, they can last up to 10 times longer and use roughly 80% less energy. Energy-saving bulbs can still produce a very good amount of light and can save you up to £60 over the lifetime of the light bulb.
2: Turn your lights off when you're not using them
This may seem a little obvious but getting into a habit of turning your lights off when you're no longer using them can go a long way to save energy and keep costs down.
3: Use your appliances wisely
How you use your everyday appliances can make a big impact on how much energy you use and how much you spend each month on electricity.
- Washing machines: The cooler you set the temperature on the washing machine, the less energy it uses. 90% of the energy a washing machine uses is towards heating the water so this can make a big impact. As well as this, we recommend waiting until you have a full load of washing before putting a wash on.
- Dishwashers: Similarly, we recommend only putting on your dishwasher when it's full in order to save energy. For further savings, you can stop the dishwasher's cycle when it's drying and let the load dry naturally.
- Tumble dryers: Don't overload your dryer, this will cause it to work a lot harder to get everything dry. Where possible make use of the fast spin on your washing machine to get rid of a lot of the excess water and use a washing line or clothes horse.
- Kettle: Only put in as much water as you need, over-filling your kettle wastes energy.
- Fridge and freezers: Ensure you get an appliance that is energy-efficient, look out for the Energy Saving Recommended logo.
Looking for further advice? Please get in touch
If you have any questions you'd like to ask us, we'd be more than happy to help, whether it's about saving money on energy bills or about one of the electrical services we offer.
Based in Pentre, we are happy to offer our comprehensive range of electrical services to our clients within a 20-mile radius which includes Talbot Green, Pontyclun, Treorchy and Porth.
Thank you, we hope to hear from you.